The Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and ability essential to perform all components of a special event. ILEA endorses and manages the voluntary CSEP program for those who meet established standards.
This program was developed to:
- Increase the proficiency of event professionals
- Elevate industry standards and practices
- Establish the level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Promote the advancement of the special events industry
- Advance the careers of practitioners
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of the products and services they provide